This portal has been created with the purpose of providing a pathway to up to date and relevant access to COVID-19 information to our multicultural communities. ECCQ advises our community members to ensure they stay up to date with current information and news regarding the Coronavirus.
Many multicultural community members or people from CALD backgrounds may be extra vulnerable in these times. Please be mindful that information shared in other countries or regions may not be of relevance to you. We urge you to help share translated information with your community members.
As the state’s lead agency on coronavirus, Queensland Health is providing the necessary advice to all Queenslanders including current travel bans, self-quarantine and information on how to best protect yourself and others.
The Queensland Government is committed to keeping our communities informed and advised.
- For the latest health advice from the Queensland Government click here.
- For health advice translated into several languages click here.
SBS translated material
- SBS has translated important Coronavirus (COVID 19) information into 63 languages.
Click here to visit page.
- On this easy-to-read website you can find links with translated information available in 51 languages.
Click here to visit the page.
- This Federal Government site is regularly being updated and gives the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) news, updates and advice from government agencies ACROSS AUSTRALIA. Click here to visit page.
- Federal Governments’ Department of Health – this site covers the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert and is a good way to stay informed with Australia wide information. Click here to visit page.
- For the latest travel advice click here.
- Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
Brisbane City Council
BCC is monitoring all developments on the virus and its potential impact on our city services, facilities and events.
- As updates to services and facilities are available, they will be listed here.
- Click here for government information for international students.
- Click here to check out this Facebook page for free food support, job opportunities and more for international students.
Mental health – Queensland
- Open Minds have posted tips and hints on looking after your mental health through COVID-19. The platform is called ‘Living Well Through COVID-19’. Click here to visit the Facebook page.
- Tenants Queensland have created a COVID-19 factsheet with useful information for renters. Click here to download a copy.
- The Government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper Payment to keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the Coronavirus. Click here to read more.
- Click here for information on how to register your intention to claim a Centrelink payment if you are affected by the Coronavirus.
- Click here for information on ‘More financial support for people affected by coronavirus’.
- Click here for advice on economic assistance for affected small business and industries.
The delivery of our programs have been affected by the current situation. For information on how a specific program has been affected, please contact the relevant program manager or officer.
- Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS and Sexual Health Program – Zhihong Gu – email@example.com
Click here to download an ECCQ article on COVID-19 and HIV/AIDS.
Click here to download an ECCQ article on COVID-19 and Viral Hepatitis.
Click here to download an ECCQ article on telehealth during COVID-19.
Click here to view all ECCQ articles relating to COVID-19 (available in English, Chinese and Vietnamese).
- Chronic Disease Program – Hong Do – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Sector Development Program – Carrie Barnett – email@example.com
- Bright Future Project – Zack Sohrabi – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have or know of information or resources that you think should be added to this portal, please email Mathis Slettum on email@example.com.