The Leisure and Lifestyle Program includes the services of a number of diversional therapists/assistants who organise a wide range of activities including exercises, arts & crafts, card games, music, concerts and outings to suit the interests and abilities of the residents.
The program also matches up volunteers with residents to create opportunities for social interaction that are culturally sensitive for residents.
Visit Berlasco Court’s website for more info.
In early 2020, the current building will be demolished to make way for a state of the art, culturally sensitive and technologically advanced facility. Paynter Dixon Queensland is the building design team.
Berlasco Court was successful in a Government application to expand its services to improve the living environment for those in our care and accommodate the growing demand on our services.
The current site requires redevelopment for a variety of reasons:
• Berlasco Court’s 60 bedrooms and communal facilities were originally designed for low care delivery
• As the service offering has evolved over the years, the design and layout of the current facility is no longer optimal
The new building will offer:
• A state of the art building with facilities that encourage broader community engagement
• A contemporary design that supports social connections, social belonging and a strong sense of home
• Internal and external spaces that encourage a sense of community
• Use of the most modern and advanced technologies to enable the delivery of highest quality care to meet the expectations of our older people, now and into the future
The rebuild will result in major improvements to the lives of our residents and families. Residents can look forward to the same quality of care delivered in a stunning and contemporary home setting.
The building will offer diversification of accommodation options to cater for resident and families’ unique requirements.
Larger single rooms with ensuites, interconnected rooms and apartment style living
• Additional services including wound and pain clinics and group physical therapy
• A ground floor special needs unit based on a cottage model
• Ducted air-conditioning
• A warm and inviting home environment
• Child friendly café for families to enjoy time spent together
• Resident community spaces, including access to wellness activities, library, hairdresser and beautician services
• Social spaces to accommodate fantastic programs and large scale functions
• Multi-faith chapel
• Raised garden spaces to relax in
• Intimate spaces for family and social connections