Monthly tip for community associations – February
A treasurer’s roles and responsibilities include:
- advising the management committee on matters of finance,
- ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and fully documented,
- reporting to the management committee at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation,
- reporting to the management committee at each meeting on variances from the approved budget,
- keeping the books of the organisation,
- ensuring the organisation’s financial records are adequate, protected, backed up and accessible, among others.
‘Our Communities’ Damn Good Advice for Treasurers’ is a comprehensive resource on the obligations for the role as treasurer. Find it here.
These tips are from our Community Sector Development Program.